Philadelphia Opera Collective & PhilaLandmarks are pleased to announce…
A fully immersive chamber opera
Libretto by Brenna Geffers
Where: The Powell House – 244 S. 3rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
When: September 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd @8pm
Director: Brenna Geffers
Music Director: Josh Hartman
Peggy Shippen- 1790s – Kristy Slough
Charles Stedman – 1790s – Sean Lally
The Help- 1820s – Emilie Krause
Minnie Cadwalader Rawle- 1880s – Crystal Charles
Wolf Keblansky- 1920s – Michael A. Lienhard
David, Wolf’s nephew – 1920s – Anthony Crosby
Edith Standen- 1940s – Kirsten C. Kunkle
Robert Weston- 1960s – Brendan Norton
Eedie Fen- 1960s – Richard Chan
Frances Wister- 1920s – Maryruth Stine
Elizabeth- 2010s. – Kayla Grasser
Want to know more about the show?
For the first time in Philadelphia, audiences must leave their seats and craft their own experience with an operatic performance. The POC has recruited an ensemble of classically trained opera singers and experimental theater artists to take on 11 stories that span more than two hundred years of Powel House history. The work will blur the lines between opera and theatre and create a wholly theatrical production that incorporates original music, with the action taking place immersively throughout the entire house. The music will include folk pieces, dance rhythms, accordion music and opera with a libretto that is fully conceived by Brenna Geffers.
This year’s production with take place in the historic Powel House in conjunction with PhilaLandmarks. This unique partnership allows for the Powel House to move beyond being a tourist attraction and to once again be part of the living breathing history that Philadelphians take so much pride in.
For further information on the production, please visit one of our websites by following this links:
We hope you will join us...keep reading to find out how! But please note, capacity is limited each night (40 "seats")...so if you are interested, purchase your tickets quickly. We have already been listed as a "top pick" for the FringeArts Festival on phindie and we will be getting more press coverage in the coming weeks:
4 Ways to Join us for Shadow House!!
1. Kick-Off Garden Party (fundraiser)
SUNDAY, AUGUST 14th
Powel House Garden from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
· Live music provided by members of the Philadelphia Opera Collective
· Cocktails provided by Tamworth Distillery
· Meet the artistic team behind the production
· Free tours of the Powel Hous
2. Be the FIRST...join us for PRE-opening night!
$40/ ticket (only 40 tickets available!)
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8T
Tamworth Cocktails in the Powel Garden at 7:30, followed by Shadow House at 8:00 P
3. Meet & Greet VIP Party
$50/ticket (only 40 tickets available!)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14T
· Tamworth Distillery Cocktails
· Chairman's Choice Wine
· light hors d'oeuvres in the garden at 7:30 PM
· Shadow House at 8:00 PM
· Meet the POC after the show!
To Purchase tickets to any of these events listed above, please follow this link:
4. Attend One of the Public Performances:
Tickets available through the FringeArts Website by following this link:
And before you go...there are TWO more things you can do to help us make this production of Shadow House a success:
1. We are still fundraising for this project! If you believe in this type of programming...won't you consider a donation? All contributions will go toward paying the actors and theatre artists who created Shadow House. We are grateful for any level of contribution, just follow this link and scroll down to the donate section:
2. SHARE SHARE SHARE!! Word of mouth is the best way for us to sell tickets to all our private events and public shows. Please share this email with interested friends or follow the links below to share on social media!
THANK YOU! We hope to see you soon at the Powel House!!